Wednesday, July 6, 2016

BLOOD TO DUST by L.J. Shen Book Review


S Y N O P S I S:
His name is Beat, and I should hate him.

Bound, blindfolded and bruised, I'm tied in his basement, waiting for the men who stripped me from clothes and humanity to collect his debt to them. Me.

His name is Nate and I should hate him, but I don't.

I'm not supposed to know his real name, even worse, I'm not supposed to care. He is nothing to me but means to an end. The plan is simple: break free, collect the pieces of my broken soul, kill the bastards and run away.

His name is Nathaniel Thomas Vela, and I've never seen his face, though I hear that it's beautiful.

Behind the rugged and handsome exterior, there's a quiet murderer, a killer who thinks guns are for pussies and ends people with his bare hands.

His name doesn't matter, neither does his face, but what does matter is my heart. And right now, sadly, it's his.
M Y  R E V I E W:
Let me just start by saying, this is the book you HOPE your about to read, when you sit down and open every other book. Unfortunately, this story will only ever be told once, do not, under any circumstances, let it pass you by. This book absolutely floored me. It broke me. It brought me to my knees. By far, this was one of my FAVORITE reads of 2016! 

Lets flip the hourglass and begin shall we? 

Once upon a time there was a boy...
This boy was sad, and lost, and violent but inside him lay peace.
We meet Beat in the beginning of the book. While we find him in the midst of chaos and evil, we feel, almost immediately that he is a man of honor. We feel his strength and his peace. Beat had me from his very first line in this book. He grabbed ahold of me and didn't let go. (Thank God... it was heavenly!) Seriously... this man might have just become my... dare I say... FAVORITE ALPHA OF ALL TIME?! Nate Vela Ladies, holy hell, just you wait and see.

Once upon a time there was a girl...
The 20-year-old girl was sheltered, privileged and of pedigree, but inside her laid a storm. 
From the beginning, Prescott is a force of nature, a storm to be reckoned with. She is full of strength, and vengeance. Like beat, she believes in honor, and fairness, and she is ready and willing to fight for her cause.(I fucking LOVE this girl!!!)When I read LJ Shen's Sparrow I had said that she was the ultimate Book Bestie, and while I'll stand by that, this chick right here Prescott Burlington-Smyth, well she's my fucking HERO!

I know I've said this before... and I know you absolutely love me for it, but dammit, I do not want to tell you anything in regards to the story of this amazing book. I feel like I would be doing you a disservice. I sat there for two days reading this book, with my heart beating out of my chest, hands shaking, mind racing. The fucking RUSH this book gave me. It was a high like no other, a gift really, and I don't want to take that from you. 

But I want you to know, from the bottom of my little blogger heart, that you HAVE to read this amazing book! LJ POURED her heart and soul into EVERY WORD, and you can feel it! That heartbeat, it LEAPS from the pages. Beat. Beat. Beat. 

One of my favorite things about being a blogger is that I get the pleasure of falling, head over heels in love on a daily / weekly basis. While I enjoy or even love, most of the stories I read, for the most part, my heart remains in my chest where it belongs. However, Blood to Dust, Beat & Pea, they picked the lock, broke in, and STOLE a piece of my heart right out of my chest. I will never, EVER forget this story or these characters. 

Prescott explained my feelings for this book, cover to cover, perfectly:
"My heart collapses with excitement, flowing in dangerous waves. Its like feeling an emotional oragasm" 
-YES Pea! Its EXACTLY Like that! 

This is a story of VENGEANCE & FAIRNESSFEAR, STRENGTH & POWER, LOVE & HATE, SOLITUDE & CONNECTION and most of all, its story about CHASING FREEDOM.
R E A D.

T H I S.

B O O K.

A B O U T  T H E  A U T H O R:

L.J. Shen is a best-selling author of Contemporary Romance novels. She lives in Northern California with her husband, young son and chubby cat.
She enjoys the simple things in life, like chocolate, wine, reading, HBO, spending time with her girlfriends and internet-stalking Chris Hemsworth. She reads between three to five books a week and firmly believes Crocs shoes and mullets should be outlawed.
CHECK OUT MY 5 QUESTION INTERVIEW WITH LJ (CLICK HERE)
Author Links



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram