Wednesday, August 10, 2016

5 Questions with Brittainy C. Cherry

1.
What are you currently reading? Was there a specific book or few books that rocked your world and inspired you to want to write? 

I’m currently on a reading break because I have a book deadline, but the best book I read so far this year was Weightless by Kandi Steiner. I haven’t stopped thinking about it since I read it MONTHS ago! SO good. It’s hard to say which books rocked me and made me want to write, but I think when I was younger, I remembered reading The Five People You Meet In Heaven in two hours, and sitting back going, ‘Wow.’ That’s was when I was fifteen, and I wrote my first novel at sixteen. 

2. 
Your words, your writing style, every line feels so artfully crafted, it reads almost as poetry. Almost like a song. The story itself being the lyrics but the way you make the move and flow in a style that no one else does I feel like that is your own Brittainy C. Cherry melody. Can you speak to us about your process a little? 

Thank you so much for your kind words! That means the world to me. My writing style is
[Purchase: THE SPACE BETWEEN ]
quite different, and I have heard pros and cons for it, so hearing your words makes me smile. My process involves a lot of writing random scenes, and then slowly piecing the story together. A lot of the time, I know the conclusion of the story before anything else, and I know the major points, so I write those scenes first. Then, I tie in the rest. It’s weird, but it works for me!

3. 
Your current book series is based on the Earth’s Elements. Starting with The AIR he Breathes, followed by The FIRE Between High & Low. The next book, from what I understand will have a theme (or at least a title) based on WATER, would you tell us a little bit about it? Any tiny teasers or details you can give us? Do you have a release date or month in mind? 

Yes! So, it’s call The Silent Waters, and it’s an emotional story about young love growing from dark places. It takes you on the journey of Brooks Griffin and Maggie Riley, two individuals who need to find themselves, and their voices in the darkest of times. The Silent Waters is a novel that reflects a lot on finding yourself in the quiet moments, and not being afraid of what you find. 

4. 
[ Purchase: Loving Mr. Daniels ]
You have written so many beautiful books. All packed full of the emotions that pull us out of our comfort zones and take us to places we may not be prepared to go, but we never want to leave. For new readers who have never read your books do you have a book you recommend for them to read first? A starting point? 

I’d say start with Loving Mr. Daniels. I believe that is the book where I found my own voice and it has helped me move forward with my other novels. Daniel and Ashlyn hold a special place in my heart. 



Photo Edit By: @TheReadingRuth

5.
[ Purchase: Art & Soul ]
Of the characters you’ve written, do they all have traits, characteristics, parts of you woven into them? Is there one you can relate to most? Is there a book boyfriend you’ve created that has captured your heart above the others? 

Oh definitely. I think one I truly, deeply love is Levi from Art & Soul. He’s the definition of being the complete opposite of what others believe him to be. He’s gentle, and kind, and just all around a beautiful soul. 



Beautiful Edit By: @TheReadingRuth
Buy: The Air He Breathes


I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.


Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.


Buy: The Fire Between High & Lo 
___________________________________________
There once was a boy, and I loved him. 

Logan Francis Silverstone and I were complete opposites. I danced, and he stood still. He was quiet, while I ran my mouth. He struggled to find a smile, and I refused to frown. 

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn't look away. 

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows. 

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision--a decision that changed us forever. 

There once was a boy, and I loved him. 

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too.

______________________________________________________________
Bonus Question: 
So…
Elizabeth (From The Air He Breathes) invites You & Alyssa (From The Fire Between High & Lo) over for a Girls Night! 
You guys watched this movie: Probably something like This is the End or The Hangover, something that would make us laugh! Or Magic Mike, because, duh! 

Photo Edit By: @BookWhores
And binge ate this food: Chinese food with extra egg rolls and sweet & sour sauce! Oreos for Alyssa, of course! 

Had a dance party to this album: New Kids on the Block, because we are cheesy and awesome.

And of course talked about boys! 
Tristan, Logan, and Your Book Boyfriend: Can we talk about Daniel from Loving Mr. Daniels. Swoon. I just love them all!


…Meanwhile, those three dudes, were hanging out together doing this: Making music, drinking beers, and talking about chicks and whatever it is guys talk about when they are alone together. ;)

Follow Brittainy:

Last Weekend I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the beautiful Brittainy C. Cherry. This has been a long time dream of mine. And what an absolute JOY it was! Brittainy radiates light and love and I felt her hug all the way to my heart! I can't say enough wonderful things about this woman or her amazing work! #GOLDEN4LIFE 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram