Monday, October 3, 2016

BEAUTIFUL (Beautiful Bastard #5) by Christina Lauren Book Review


SYNOPSIS:
A FREE-SPIRITED GIRL IN NEED OF A BREAK.
A MAN WEIGHED DOWN BY RESPONSIBILITY.
A ROAD TRIP VACATION WHERE ALL BETS ARE OFF.
OH, AND A LOT OF WINE.

After walking in on her boyfriend shagging another girl in their place, Pippa Bay Cox ditches London for the States to go on a drunken road trip with Ruby Miller and some of her Beautiful friends.

Scaling the career ladder is the default way to deal with heartbreak—and to just deal—for Jensen Bergstrom. Absolutely buried by his drive and workload, he rarely takes time for himself. But when his sister Hanna convinces him to join the gang on a two-week wine tour, he has a rare moment of cutting loose. Of course, it’s only once he’s committed that he realizes the strange girl he met briefly on the plane is coming along, too. She might be too much for him…or he might realize his life has become too small and needs her to make it bigger, crazier.

With this circle of friends there’s always something going on: from Chloe and Sara’s unexpected personality swaps to Will’s new domestic side to Bennett’s text message barrage and George’s own happily-ever-after. In short, their adventures in love, friendship, and hilarity are nothing short of Beautiful.


BEAUTIFUL by 
CHRISTINA LAUREN is LIVE! 
And its Absolutely WONDERFUL

Christina Lauren's Beautiful Bastard Series was one of the very first romance series I ever read. I'm not ashamed to admit that I think I found it by googling something awesome like "Things to read after Fifty Shades Freed" or something. Haha! And one click lead to another and next thing I knew I was in the boardroom with Bennet. And holy shit did he rock my world! I have loved, absolutely LOVED every book, every couple, every fabulously flawed character in this amazing series. I see so much of myself in each one of the women, and I swoon so SO hard for each of the men. I mean... duh.          
              

But the most amazing part, is the connection the couples have with one another. There is this perfect amount of just heartbreaking angst all in the midst of laugh out loud moments shared between lovers, between friends. The FRIENDS! I love them so hard. The group of friends in this book may be my favorite ever written. I love their inside jokes, the way they rag on each other all the while supporting and loving one another. Seriously guys, this is one of my FAVORITE book series' of all time.

Ok, I digress... on to the book of the hour, BEAUTIFUL!The final chapter in the Beautiful Bastard series, staring PIPPA & JENSEN. And yes, these characters are every bit as adorable as their names. 

Pippa is of course this adorable little free spirit, she speaks her mind, she is as sweet as she is blunt, and as sexy as she is feisty. She is a freaking ray of sunshine and she crash-lands into Jensen's life. Jensen, who of course is order and structure, work and schedule. Pippa is a paint bucket of color splashed across the while walls of Jensen's life. And he has no clue what to think of this beautiful mad woman, but I think he has a feeling he's in trouble. :) 

This book takes place over the course of a beautiful fun-filled ROAD TRIP! I love road trip books... and movies, oh and I love road trips! :) Also upon this oh-so romantic road trip are some of my ALL TIME FAVORITE couples from the Beautiful Bastard Series! I don't want to spoil anything for you.... but I will tell you that at one point these men of my dreams may or may not be challenged to a wood chopping contest in the great-outdoors. SWOON!

You do not want to miss this WONDERFUL conclusion to this FABULOUS series! 

XO, bex




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram