Friday, October 21, 2016

FAMILY BUSINESS (Mixing Business With Pleasure #3) by Ace Gray Book Review


S Y N O P S I S:
Finding the one doesn’t always mean keeping them. 

Kate Elliott and Nicholas Bryant’s relationship has been anything but easy. The best things in life never are. And finding each other, finding a soulmate, qualifies as extravagant, borderline absurd.

But holding on isn’t always about holding tight. Sometimes things, or people, slip through even the strongest grip… 

The ghosts of both Nicholas’ and Kate’s pasts are haunting every facet of their lives. Enemies, both old and new, are weaving their tendrils around a couple usually trademarked by ecstasy. Sometimes the demons are a whisper; sometimes they have a vicious strangle hold. Nicholas and Kate finding their other half, against all odds, and despite explosive and electric tempers, won’t be the hard part. Staying alive may be all this family can ask for.

Family Business is a steamy romance with content suitable for mature audiences.



COVER DESIGN By ME!!! YAY! Bex Harper Cover Designs. Woot Woot! So Excited! :) 
L I N K S:

M Y  R E V I E W:
So I made the silly little mistake of thinking I had a clue what Ace was going to hand me with this book. I tricked myself into feeling safe and was... once again completely blindsided. 

This is the THIRD book in Ace Gray's Mixing Business With Pleasure series, and every single one of them has had such a different feel, a different tone and has rocked my world for a completely different reason. 


In STRICTLY BUSINESS, we meet Kate and Nicholas, we fall HARD & FAST for each of them, and then for them as a couple. 


In BAD FOR BUSINESS we continue to fall, its a slower, steady decent into pure Bryant Bliss. 


In FAMILY BUSINESS, it picks up right where Bad For Business left off... which right smack dab in the middle of a HOLY SHIT / WHAT THE FUCK moment, and it only progresses from there. So part of me wonders... was Ace coddling us during Bad For Business, holding us close making us feel cozy and warm only to rip the blanket off us and feed us to the wolves in Family Business? 


This whole book I was so far out of my comfort zone. I couldn't even see my "happy place" from where I was standing. The only part of this book that trumped the insane amount of suspense was the off the charts sexy times! Seriously this book had some of the hottest sex scenes I've ever read! Like holy shit you guys! I don't know who loves Ace more, me or my husband. Hahaha! ...just kidding its me. No one loves Ace more then I do! ;)


One of Nicholas' many... MANY lovable (and by lovable I mean fuckable ;) qualities is his never-wavering sense of control. And one of the things that is so badass about Kate is her never-wavering sense of control... and what is so absolutely fascinating about these two fabulous characters is the give and take of that control. While neither of them are willing to completely relinquish it to the other, there is a constant eb and flow of trust and compromise between the two of them. They both show vulnerability at times, their love is so undeniable at this point, that they live with their hearts wide open raw and just fucking begging the other one not to completely swallow them whole. Its an absolutely amazing thing to watch.


That being said... the way Ace writes, you feel like so much more then a bystander. You're in it with them, every bit as vulnerable desperate as the characters she's written. While no one is 100% safe with my girl Ace at the wheel, if you know what's good for you you will put your trust in her completely. There's no safety in love not the good kind anyway. Our hearts were only given to us on loan, they were meant to be given away or at very least shared with others. 


It is with great confidence and absolute PLEASURE  that I give my heart to this Author, Ace Gray, and her amazing characters time and time again. 


Did I go off on a little rant there? I can't tell, I get a little lost when I'm talking about Nicholas Bryant.....SWOON. Long-Story short... I fucking loved this book. One-Click the shit out of it first chance you get! XO


A L L   A B O U T   A C E:
Ace Gray is a self-proclaimed troublemaker and connoisseur of both the good life and fairy tales. After a life-long love affair with books, she undertook writing the novel she wanted to read, which culminated in her first release STRICTLY BUSINESS. When she's not writing, she owns her own business teaching Pilates. She loves rainy days, shellac manicures, coffee shops and bourbon--all of which are bountiful in her adopted home of Portland, OR where she runs amok with her chef husband and two huskies.


To read My 5 Question interview with the Amazing Ace Gray 
STALK ACE WITH ME YOU GUYS! 
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON | 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram